Aadhaar card is such a Governmental Identity card which can be downloaded online called e-aadhaar. This initiative by the Government of India can be regarded as the futuristic vision as the future generation is solely dependent on technology and gets all the formal as well as informal works have done via the Internet. The online procedure to check the status of your aadhaar card and update the details on the card makes it stand out from other identification cards
HAVE YOU APPLIED FOR AADHAAR CARD? AND WANT TO KNOW THE STATUS OF YOUR CARD?
As said earlier, everyone can check the status of their aadhaar card online. It is quite useful checking the status of the card. The sophisticated verification process for issuing aadhaar card is about 3-4 months. In the meantime, one can correct the information on the application if any problem found and it would also help to keep in touch with the estimated time of one’s aadhaar card being issued.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO CHECK STATUS OF YOUR CARD
- Enrollment number
It is the 14-digit number found on the top of the acknowledgment slip (also called enrollment slip) received at the time of application submission. If the enrollment
- Date of Enrollment
You need to enter your date of enrollment to check the status of your aadhaar card. It is also 14 digit found on the top of acknowledgment slip side to the Enrollment number.
Note-Enrollment number and date of enrollment collectively create 28 digit Enrollment ID. If this EID is lost, you can get it back via UIDIA website which is explained at the end of this article.
THE PROCEDURE OF CHECKING THE STATUS ONLINE
- Go to the website https://resident.uidai.net.in/check-aadhaar-status
- On the landing page, Enter your Enrollment ID(EID) (Both Enrollment number and date of enrollment)
- Enter the security code from the captcha displayed on the screen
4.Click on the “Check Status”
It’s all you needed to do. You will see the status of your aadhaar card.
HOW TO RE-GAIN ENROLLMENT ID (EID)?
If you lost your acknowledgment slip and have no idea about your enrollment number and date of enrollment, don’t worry we’ve got you covered. Follow the instructions below
- Go to https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
- Select “Enrollment ID” under “You want to receive your lost”
- Enter your full name, Email address or mobile number associated with your aadhaar card application
- Enter the security code as the captcha displayed on the screen
- Hit “Get OTP”
- You’ll get a One Time Password (OTP) on your email or mobile number you provided only if your email address or mobile number matches the details on your application form.
- Enter One Time Password (OTP) which you received on your email address or mobile phone number
- Verify OTP by clicking “Verify OTP”
- You’ll be provided your Enrollment ID. Note it down for future uses too.
Use your recovered EID to check the status of your aadhaar card using the method mentioned above. Please, not that you don’t need to provide your name if you have your Enrollment ID (EID).
Please, not that you don’t need to provide your name if you have your Enrollment ID (EID).The name is only required to recover your lost Enrollment ID (EID) and there is no such system where one can use Date of Birth to check the status of their Aadhaar Card.