After few years, Netflix finally introduced the flexibility to delete movie and shows from the “recently watched” list on your Netflix account. Netflix viewers, no one can discover your shameful secret. Going forward, you will be able to use the “Profiles” option to stay your “recently watched” list become independ1ent from other persons who use the account.
Deleting the recently watched movies or shows is not possible on Netflix’s mobile app. You will have to log onto Netflix using a computer browser so as to edit recently watched media.
Method 1: Deleting/hiding Recently watched Items
→ Log on to the Netflix website. On a pc or tablet, log on to http://www.netflix.com along with your web browser. Because of your Netflix customer service, the mobile apps cannot access this option; however a mobile web browser can do it.
→ If your mobile device does not have a browser, log on using a pc. Modifications you made on one device will spread to all other devices within 24 hours.
Choose your profile: If a list of names pops up then log-in, select your profile. Every profile has a separate viewing activity list.
If no list appears, check the highest right corner of your screen for a name and square image. If this isn’t your profile, click this image and select your profile icon.
- Now visit your Viewing Activity page. Type the url https://www.netflix.com/WiViewingActivity to see a list of your recently watched shows. You will be able to get here by clicking the square profile icon which is at the top right, choose Your Account from the drop-down menu, then scrolling down and clicking on Viewing Activity within your Profile section.If you are using Netflix on any device besides a pc, and your Recently Watched page is empty, strive turn off the device and turn it on once more.
- Individual titles or series can also be hidden by clicking on the ‘X’ next to that of the title or series. That after hiding a title from your viewing activity page, the title will not be visible in your Recently Watched history. It will take up to 24 hours to disappear from different devices; however it will usually vanish very sooner.
Method 2: Exchange your existing Netflix profile
- While you logged into your Netflix account, however over your profile image within the right corner on the screen and then click on the “Manage profiles” option.
- Add a new profile by clicking on the “Add Profile” option and then after enter a name for your profile.netflix profiles and delete Netflix profile to clear history.
3. Delete your recent profile: On the profile management page, click “edit” option next to the recent profile name, then delete the profile. Click on delete profile once more on the pop-up box. Then click delete profiles in pop up to confirm.
4.Your entire viewing history will be deleted that is related to that profile.